Staples Senior Manager, Talent Analytics in Newton, Massachusetts
At Staples, our associates are the key to our success. Throughout the associate journey, our focus is on ensuring we provide an environment where people can be their best self, growing both professionally and personally. Key to this is ensuring we have the data and insights to drive the best decisions around our candidates and associates that optimize their experience and growth potential. As Senior Manager, Talent Analytics, you will be at the forefront of driving business outcomes through talent insights. You will have an opportunity to create a Talent Analytics strategy that will drive meaningful change within the organization. This role requires a highly energetic individual that sets a high bar for themselves and the team, is intellectually curious and has the right balance of analytical, process and people skills.
How you’ll make an impact:
• Drive the design and implementation of a framework that takes our talent data and translates it into proactive insights that enable us to better attract, grow, and predict success for our associates.
• Connect Staples strategy with the organizational capabilities needed for success ensuring we have the right people, in the right place, with the right skills to execute our plan.
• Design and build a Talent Analytics roadmap, identifying the key measures that align to priorities around hiring, retention, development, and engagement
• Deliver data visualizations that make complex data easier to understand, and package the data story into a polished presentation for leadership audiences
• Oversee the process of determining near term talent needs by function, working with Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand impact that attrition, organizational changes and external factors have on obtaining and retaining talent.
• Manage the implementation and continued evolution of easy to use dashboards, providing visibility to key data related to our talent
• Oversee processes for data management and ongoing validations to maintain accuracy and integrity with the data and systems we use
• Evolve team expertise in providing talent insights, linking observations business strategy
The skills you’ll need:
• Analytical horsepower. Experience collecting and analyzing large data sets to derive actionable insights; SQL experience preferred.
• Exceptional talent for storytelling with data; confidence in both written and verbal communication and presentation
• Demonstrated success leading the execution of defined projects, including problem framing, hypothesis definition, data collection and analysis, and business insight
• Strong planning skills, translating broad strategies into specific objectives, metrics and actions
• Proven ability to build high performing teams, coaching team members to refine consulting and influencing skills
• Ability to see beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
• Customer centric and collaborative, identifying and anticipating customer requirements and needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Statistics, Math or related, or equivalent experience leading an analytics function
• Understanding of statistics (e.g., correlations, regression) and how to effectively use them to drive to conclusions.
• 8-10 years of planning, data and analytics experience
• Experience working with multiple data sources and combining information to generate insights from analyses; experience creating reports, dashboards, metrics.
• Demonstrated project management and consulting skills.
• Experience with SQL and R, Minitab, or similar statistical platform
• HR background a plus
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.