Staples Senior Marketing Analyst @Quill.com in Lincolnshire, Illinois
The Senior Marketing Analyst will impact business results by performing timely, insightful and actionable A/B test readouts and other actionable analyses to influence Marketing strategy, key business initiatives, and ongoing Product or Promotional strategy. The role requires an excellent collaborator, communicator, and project manager with extensive hands-on data experience (including superior Excel, SQL skills and statistical knowledge around testing and modeling). The candidate needs to be a flexible and independent problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. The role focuses on data-mining, analyzing the data to derive business insights, and then providing recommendations to Senior Management related to critical business decisions.
· Partner with business to drive, execute, manage, and present results for large-scale A/B, incremental or Multivariate testing
- Analyze customer campaigns and promotions through testing and/or modeling
· Manage analytical processes to effectively deliver timely, insightful and actionable analyses in support of Quill Marketing channels
· Be a data expert to support data hygiene, answer ad hoc questions and conduct deep dive analyses for the business using a variety of appropriate quantitative methods
· Use SPSS, SAS or R and Access/SQL to automate and enhance current Quill reporting, test results, analysis and statistical models
· Collaborate on cross-functional projects to improve the profitability and/or efficiency of existing marketing programs
· Present analytic output to soundly communicate findings to inform and guide strategic and tactical decision making
- Build statistical models that relate to Customer Relationship Management (customer lifetime value models, loyalty analysis, personalization algorithms, churn models, response models etc.)
· Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience in data analytics
· Experience with large and complex data sets and relational databases
· Strong and effective presentation and communication skills
· Masters in Statistical Analytics or MBA with Statistical Analytics experience
· Experience in Direct Marketing Analytics, specifically on A/B testing is a plus.
· Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Access or Oracle SQL and with SPSS, SAS or R.
· Prior experience in Tableau also is a plus.
· Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
· Exceptional attention to detail. Ability to identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
· Teamwork and communication – this role will interact and communicate with many different teams with varying understanding of data and analytics. Must be a strong communicator of complex concepts and analysis with a wide variety of audience knowledge.
· Strong multi-tasking skills – must be able to balance multiple projects and partners.
· Ability to reprioritize and communicate the required changes and impacts to all affected parties.
· Ability to clarify objectives, design analyses to answer business questions, interpret findings, and present easy to understand actionable results
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.