Staples Technical Analyst in Framingham, Massachusetts
Description Position Summary:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, SDS Retail Operations, the person in this role will be responsible for assisting with the on-going technical support and certification of Staples Retail in-store technology. These responsibilities include keeping our store associates performing at their best by ensuring all software, hardware and security tools are working at peak efficiency.
• With guidance, develops Packaged Applications using Admin Studio that are deployed to Retail Store back office systems via a multi-tiered systems management infrastructure (SCCM).
• Assist in the execution of certification for next generation Retail hardware platforms (servers, desktops, printers, Point of Sale registers and peripherals).
• Monitor and maintain health of management and security software installed on US Retail store systems. (i.e. Symantec End Point Protection, Carbon Black, Big Fix)
• Compile monthly MS OS and application security patching baselines
• Assist with remediation of audit results, security/risk assessments and vulnerability scans for the Retail store environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
• 1-3 years applicable work experience
• Administration and Building of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems
• Experience working with Microsoft Windows Installer technology
• Thorough knowledge of PC hardware
• Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Windows Command Shell, PowerShell, etc.)
• Self- motivated independent worker, able to lead initiatives from beginning to end
• Good documentation skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis
• Experience in application packaging (Flexera Admin Studio, etc.)
• Experience working with security technologies (Anti-virus, application white-listing, etc.)
• Retail support experience
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.