Staples Senior Software Engineer, eCommerce in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples, one of the world’s top internet retailers, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work within our Merchandising systems. You will join a team tasked with working with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the Staples Merchandising and E-Commerce platforms. You will be challenged to deliver business driving capabilities in an agile development methodology leveraging some of the latest technologies.
• Design and develop new software functionality and capability that is reliable, maintainable, and scalable.
• Be a strong contributor working with product management, engineering, and QM partners to identify solutions, contributing to overall design, proof-of-concept development, technical strategy, and coordinating with external teams and vendors.
• Actively participate in all phases of the Agile Development process including define, design, development, test, deployment, and support.
• Create technical specification documents for new functionality and ensure that new solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technologies.
• Effectively communicate with team members and product managers to identify issues, propose solutions and ensure solution is implemented.
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related degree field.
• 3-5 Years of experience in Java Development.
• Solid foundation in Micro-Service development leveraging Spring Cloud.
• Experience working with NOSQL databases (Mongo, CouchDB)
• Experienced in working in an Agile development methodology leveraging a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins and Git.
• Strong decision making skills, excellent communications and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to troubleshoot and following through to ensure tasks are completed as designed.
• Strong ability to work and collaborate across multiple teams using persuasive written and oral communication skills.
• Technical development skills in any or all the following: Java, Java-Spring, Spring-Boot.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.