Staples Senior Manager-Pricing Change Management in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples helps the world work better with work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print & marketing services. The company supports businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between. We meet customers where they are with everyday low prices across multiple channels, including direct sales, eCommerce, mobile, AI-powered “conversational commerce” and retail. Headquartered near Boston, MA, Staples operates in North America.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager of Pricing Change Management is to drive successful change and organizational value. The person in this role is expected to provide a high-level of expertise, and actively promote our new pricing strategy of embracing data and analytics to inform our pricing decision making.
The primary focus will be creating and implementing long-term change management plans that minimize employee resistance, maximize employee engagement and optimize results.
This role will be the day-to-day contact point to drive change throughout our Pricing & Sales teams. Will bring in-depth organizational and cultural knowledge to the table, will champion change and gather and assess feedback received from the broader organization. Responsible for managing training development and delivery, and communications delivery.
• Conduct organizational assessments to determine the current understanding of Target price and pricing basics amongst Sales & Pricing team.
• Develop a detailed change management plan that’s targeted towards each individual team (Sales (various regions, roles, change level), Pricing etc…)
• Develop communication and training strategies. Partner with Learning & Development to define and create training and tools to maximize the effectiveness of our change efforts.
• Measure and review progress toward goals. Conduct regular status checks of the change strategy and change process, conditions for success, the well-being and receptivity throughout the organization, and any other factor impacting the success of the change.
• Create plans that accommodate the needs of different stakeholder groups impacted by the change.
• Identify potential points of resistance, and develop counterstrategies to mitigate or minimize potential resistance.
• Ensuring strategies and change management plans are integrated with the overall strategic plans.
• Providing feedback and acting as a "conscience" for the Sales/Pricing team
• Proactively identifying issues and opportunities to improve change management practice
• Create mechanisms to incentivize new behaviors
• Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring around good change management practices to senior Sales leadership and Pricing to increase the effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
• Work with Learning & Development to define behavioral competencies and performance metrics related to focusing on attainment of Target Price
• Work with.
• Participate in the development of the Change Management, Communications and Training strategies and project plan
• Participate in weekly change management team and project team meetings
• Identify key/effective communication channels
• Able to communicate with various levels within the business (snr. management to analyst or rep)
• Seen as positive influence within the business
• Influencing clients to ensure change management plans are applied and long-term goals are realized.
• Minimum 8-10 years previous work experience with track record of progressive responsibility
• Bachelor’s Degree required (advanced degree a plus)
• Creative, outgoing, energetic person with a demonstrable track record of exceeding goals
• A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
• Ability to travel up to 30-50% time
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
• Able to work effectively at all levels in a client organization.
• Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Great judgment - knows when to push and when to hold back a team or leaders of a team.
• Excellent time management and ¬multi-tasking abilities.
• Strong leadership and motivational capabilities.
• Project management skills
• Proactive approach with hands on / can-do mindset.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook, MS Access a plus)
• Ability to adapt to frequently changing Business needs and directions
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.