Staples Project Specialist in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Project Specialist would be responsible for managing a high-volume category within the Associate Category Merchant’s portfolio. This is a Retail Project Specialist role that has two main objectives - Project and category management, including but not limited to, taking initiative and ownership of category, strategy from initial planning through execution, weekly and seasonal ad planning and vendor negotiations, all with the guidance of the Associate Category Merchant. Strong analytical and financial acumen along with ability to establish and maintain effective cross-functional partnership across internal teams is critical to success in this role. The Project Specialist will work with cross-channel teams such as Pricing, Finance, Promo, Marketing and Planogram team among others.
• Take ownership of department by leading projects, planogram transitions, assortment analysis and productivity while working closely with the Merchant to build a strategy and ensure execution.
• Responsible for execution of the Retail processes/business, including but not limited to, entering promos, ads, attending vendor meetings, tracking one-time and promotional monies, etc. Must be well-versed in Financial reporting and Merchant P&L.
• Responsible for pulling data to support multiple departments within Associate Category Merchant’s portfolio, such as financial reporting, POG productivity, cost to serve and other adhoc reports.
• Responsible for analyzing data with ability to draw conclusions, ensuring a full understanding of the business in addition to making actionable recommendations and managing execution.
• Consistent communication with vendors to make sure day to day tasks are completed and ensure proper execution together. Must be able to proactively establish and effectively maintain vendor relationships.
• Work with cross-functional teams daily to efficiently accomplish tasks and ensure alignment; teams include planning and inventory, planogram and pricing, marketing and finance among others.
• Responsible for managing their respective department within Merchant portfolio, including financial planning and advertisements to drive sales/awareness for the customer. This includes weekly and seasonal ad planning including ability to analyze and report performance.
• Willingness to learn and advance from training and growth opportunities that will be present in this role.
• Shadow Associate Category Merchant to be able to step in on select issues, knowing how the Merchant would address specific issues accordingly, to prevent holding up progress. This specific role presents opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and ownership, as you support the Merchant with their extensive portfolio and take ownership of a department with high visibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 1-2 years product specialist/equivalent experience
• 2-3 years project experience
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience within merchandising/buying field
• Vendor Management/Engagement
• This position demands solid organization skills and ability to multi-task and follow-up
• Must work well in fast-paced environment with ability to switch gears and still meet expectations/deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams
• Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, showing willingness to learn
• Strong Microsoft Office skills necessary along with aptitude to learn new processes and systems quickly
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.