Staples Project Manager, PRO in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Marketing Project Manager, Promotion Operations – Personalized Receipt Offers (PRO) manages all aspects of the Personalized Receipt Offers (PRO) including management of all aspects of structure, process and communication related to PRO activity. This is a key role that will work cross-functionally to execute our PRO program with specific focus on driving incremental revenue from Staples existing or prospective customers.
Detailed Executional Planning
o Single point of contact for all stakeholders for the PRO program
o Development of and adherence to project schedule including offer submissions, coupon code requests, messaging details, systems upload and push to production
o Vet weekly and targeted promo offer submissions for applicability to PRO
o Clear point of view on PRO deployment, testing and budget management based on benchmark results
o Pre-production QA including review and approval of register receipt proofs
o Flawless handover of information to the channel production team for final production and deployment. Provide background support for any production QA issues (channel production team is responsible for QA in production environment)
o Partnership and frequent collaboration with the business and analytics teams to outline test and deployment plans, forecasted impact on budget (owned and influenced coupon cost) and analytics readout
o Collaborate with the Retail team when business indicates store or marketing level targeting or testing is appropriate
o Responsible for executing against the budget (SFC) connected to Customer Development PRO program
Tests Planning, Management and Execution
o Develop and present new test ideas/recommendations and executional plan for optimizing PROs usage to drive business growth to the segment/category marketers and marketing leadership to gain their alignment and approval to proceed
o Create detailed test plan in partnership with marketing channel owner(s) for business partner review and approval
o Establish and monitor KPIs for PRO across marketing channels and actively adjust the test roadmap to improve overall KPIs
o Coordinate and document all phases of the PRO process from inception (detailed planning) through conclusion (analytics performance readout)
o Determine the circulation plan and resolve circulation conflict across customer segments for PROs under the guidance of Sr. Manager of Promo Ops and Segment/Category Marketing leaders
o Create clear and detailed deployment plans, including production timeline, live dates, segmentation details, customer experience and associated creative
o Review plans with stakeholders and obtain approvals before proceeding with deployment
o Identify opportunities to improve customer experience through flawless deployment of PROs. Understand and document marketing channel system configuration, processes and data flow and disseminate information across Staples to enhance understanding
o Document and share PRO best practices based on past successes/failures across customer segments cross-functionally to improve the revenue growth outcome for Staples. Interact with peers to share information and improve cross-functional processes for PROs
o Identify and implement improvements to reduce PRO process complexity, improve execution efficiency and accuracy, and positively impact customer experience
o Develop and deliver user training materials with formal and informal training sessions as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree required in marketing, business or related field; MBA would be plus
• 2-4 years marketing or project management experience
• Detail oriented, highly organized individual with demonstrated problem solving abilities and project management skills, including working in cross-functional teams.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and to clearly communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning to a broad audience
• Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management, and ability to work confidently across various functional groups within a complex matrixed organization
• Proven ability to learn new technology applications quickly
• Must be a self-starter and creative problem solver, with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
• Demonstrated analytical skills. May be responsible for obtaining data, running reports and drawing conclusions from analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Experience working with/managing agencies and/or vendors a plus.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.