Staples Principal Compensation Analyst in Framingham, Massachusetts
Leads in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs related to base salary, incentives or other awards. Evaluates salaried, hourly, and management positions up to leadership. Assesses competitive practice and the organization’s competitive position for specific programs that are large in scope or complexity. Prepares reports, makes recommendations, and interprets policies/procedures with high complexity. Lead or participate in large scale, complex or time sensitive projects in areas such as job evaluation, pay programs, salary structures, compensation surveys and other compensation related projects.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Leads in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that are large scope or complexity. This may impact the business in the millions of dollars.
• Primary Compensation responsibilities for specific functional area in US Retail as it relates to job evaluations, salary recommendations, escalated Compensation tickets (issue resolution), administration of compensation programs.
• Conduct analyses for external competitiveness and internal equity. Identify trends and draw conclusions on findings.
• Preparation of salary surveys, ad hoc compensation surveys and compilation of survey Market data for salaried and hourly positions.
• Lead Compensation projects such as merit processes, market reviews, and long-range planning.
• Lead the administration and communication of bonus/incentive programs. This includes prepping, calculating, uploading payouts, and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
• Evaluate existing Compensation reporting and analysis. Leveraging macros and/or Tableau, recommend and implement improvements and efficiencies to make the process faster, more accurate, and easier to administer.
• Contacts are primarily with Comp team, HR, and Leadership in designing and managing effective compensation programs.
• Participate in salary survey process. Gather appropriate compensation data elements as required by each survey. Work with survey vendors to ensure appropriate data submission.
KPIs– Key Performance Indicators:
• Able to conduct compensation analysis (up to high complexity) for external market competitiveness
• Able to level a job (up to SVP) via Staples Job Evaluation process or Hay
• Able to prepare a compensation recommendation in Excel and/or PowerPoint
• Bachelor Degree and 4 to 6 years as a compensation analyst (or equivalent)
Professional Certifications / Licenses:
• CCP (preferred)
• Tableau (preferred)
• Power BI (preferred)
• Excel knowledge with the capability to develop complex formulas to identify root causes or data patterns. Access knowledge a plus.
• Excellent business acumen
• Excellent communication skills with Leadership. Ability to build relationships with business partners and assess needs of the business
• Excellent Inter-personal communications in a team environment
• Excellent understanding of statistics
• Deep interest in analyzing data and ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
• Solutions are client service-oriented, with an emphasis on creativity and diligence
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.