Staples Manager, Product Design- Furniture in Framingham, Massachusetts
The Manager role within the Design and Innovation Team supports the development of Staples products across the own brand portfolio. You will build our brands by creating design standards and delivering designs that meet business and customer needs. You will forge strong relationships with customer insights, product management, product development and merchandising to develop criteria for new programs and ensure brand and product guidelines are being met. This role requires the ability to design across many categories including technology, supplies, facilities, and furniture. You will work with teams to champion design innovation programs using design thinking to bring new customer centric solutions to life.
• Brief, plan coordinate, and deliver the design of new products.
• Create seasonal and category trend report.
• Partner with the Merchandising, Product Management & Product Development teams to build customer focused solutions.
• Manage a team of 2-3 in house designers and multiple consulting design firms with projects at various stages of completion.
• Evaluate and manage external design consultants to ensure we have the best resources for each project.
• Develop design standards and champion the standards in all design projects
• Partner with customer insights to prepare for research and build stimuli
• Determine prototype resolution required, create or acquire from vendors as needed
• Design Management experience – build processes, tools, and strategies to advance design within an organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Similar
• 8+ years of product design experience
• 2+ years managing direct reports
• Experience designing for well-known brands
• Highly organized individual, with exceptional prioritization and time management skills
• Domestic and Asia travel up to 15%
o Advanced - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
o Intermediate Solid works or Rhino
o Optional – Keyshot
o Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
o Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations to large groups
• Product and graphic design expertise
• Experience designing for a range of manufacturing processes including cut/sew, injection molding, stamping, extrusion, surface coating, etc.
• Submission of a work portfolio, with your application, is required
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.