Staples Associate Product Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
You already know Staples for our stores. What you might not know is that we are the world’s largest business products delivery company as well, serving everything from the 10 person office up to and including the Fortune 500 companies. As the B2B division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management and a complete assortment of products and services at the lowest total delivered cost. Our commitment to serving customers is embodied in our brand promise: “We help businesses succeed.”
This role resides on a team focused on pricing technology and innovation. The current team makeup is a mix of members with experience in finance, data analytics, technology, project/product management and Tableau.
We're looking for an Associate Product Manager to focus on improving our Pricing technology products, supporting our internal team and strategic customers, and developing into a key member of the product team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of analytical experience in finance, pricing or a related field.
As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll work for our Pricing product management team and partner with the Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) team to help plan, design, develop, and rollout exciting new product features. As a member of the Pricing product team, you’ll have a critical role in helping us build our next generation pricing platform, be a key partner to our Pricing organization and a key go between for our Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) development team.
• Assist our product manager with requirements, releases and current/future projects
• Assist with story writing, prioritization, tracking and acceptance of the product backlog in an agile environment.
• Work with cross functional areas to ensure seamless delivery of software features/products
• Manage UAT process with internal / external stakeholders, and lead product feature launches
• Serve as the point-person for questions or issues with the product, new features and platform integrations etc. for our Pricing team across the country
• Be able to dive into issues and help diagnose root cause, recommend functional solutions and partner with Staples Digital Solutions (SDS) to design technical solutions, where necessary
• Be a resource to the rest of the organization on the implementation and utilization of our products and platforms.
• Validate and escalate product issues.
What you need to be successful:
• Strong Analytical skills: proven ability and experience working with large data sets; ability to break down complex problems, formulate plans to solve and execute
• Self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for serving people and working tirelessly to help customers succeed
• Exceptional project management skills with an ability to manage conflicting priorities simultaneously
• Interpersonal Skills; ability to connect with stakeholders and build strong relationships across teams
• Communication & Influencing Skills; ability to effectively communicate to all levels of org and influence others
• Accountable for Results; Focuses on what is important and creates a sense of urgency, successfully managing priorities
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Entrepreneurial background/experiences welcomed
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a related field
• 1-3 years of product/project management experience preferred
• Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote etc…)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.